- Devin Geegh is still your Commander, but has requested an indefinite leave of absence due to new job opportunities within his company. He may be transferred to another city. Devin, we wish you well in your endeavors.
- Due to several resignations, the following persons are now your new officers for Post 2749:
Senior Vice and acting Commander – Dennis Nester;
Quartermaster – Jim Piepenbrok.
Open positions include all three Trustee positions and Junior Vice Commander.
In addition, there may be a House Committee position open in the future.
If you would like to fill one of these positions, please come to the Post meeting on December 2nd and have your name placed in nomination. We will open the vacant positions for nominations at every meeting until they are filled.
I would like to thank everybody for their help during this time of change and encourage you to continue to stay active in this way. Things are moving forward thanks to you.
Some of the Coming Events for the next two months are as follows:
- Veterans Day – Nov. 11th. Service at 11:00am. Main Speaker will be John Mullholland. Ham & beans and potluck to follow.
- He/She party and Turkey Dinner – Nov. 20th. Casino games and entertainment by the Fords.
- Shuffleboard Tournament – Nov. 14th at 2:30pm.
Then in December we will have the following events:
- Children’s Christmas Party – Dec. 4th.
- Pearl Harbor Day service – Dec. 7th at 6:00pm. Speaker will be Bob Newman.
- Adult Christmas Party – Dec. 10th. Finger food and entertainment by DJ Mark Reid. Bring a $5.00 gift for an exchange.
- New Year’s Eve Party – Dec. 31st. Prime rib dinner plus entertainment by the Spirit Band. Regular drink prices.
- Shuffleboard Tournament – Dec. 12th at 2:30pm. Of course, we will be closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Days.
The Wednesday night suppers will be as follows:
- Nov. 3rd: Grilled cheese & potato soup, vegetable beef soup or chili Nov. 10th: Ham and beans
- Nov. 17th: Pork burgers Nov. 24th: TBA
- Dec. 1st: Tenderloins
- Dec. 8th: Grilled cheese and tomato soup
- Dec. 15th: Chicken fingers
- Dec. 22nd & 29th: TBA
Please plan to attend and partake in these events.
That’s all for now.