[Information courtesy of the National Parks Service and the Indiana Governor’s Council for People with Disabilities]

There’s still some time left this summer to enjoy the great outdoors!  People with disabilities can enjoy many federal recreation sites for free.

When you visit a federal recreation site, just present some documentation of disability status and ask for the free Access Pass.  Documentation includes a physician’s statement, or a document issued by a State or Federal agency like the Veteran’s Administration, Social Security Disability Income, Supplemental Security Income, or a vocational rehabilitation agency.  This pass gives you and three adults free admission to federal recreation sites around the country, and it’s good for life!

For more details about the passes, visit http://store.usgs.gov/pass/access.html .  To find a recreation site, visit http://www.nps.gov/findapark/index.htm .  (Not all recreation sites issue the passes.  Please call first.)