Another season passes, but as we move into fall, the activities at Francis Vinyard Post 2749 VFW continue.
- We are going to use all 3 “Open to Public” days each month for the foreseeable future. It’s intended to bring in folks to experience our Canteen and the atmosphere we enjoy at our Post. It’s also a chance to possible recruit new members. Have any ideas for a sports day, family day or movies day? Leave a note with the office, Auxiliary members or Server in the Canteen.
- On November 16th we’ll be hosting the 4th District Meeting with the usual regulations in effect. This is an opportunity to meet your Comrades from the other Posts in the 4th District and be a part of the event.
- Poppy drive on the 1st and 2nd.
- November 11th – 11 am Veterans Day Ceremony and at 6 pm. the Gun Raffle drawings.
- Check your Calendar for the Children’s Party and the Post Christmas Party.
We’re in the process of a few upgrades in Post office. We’ve started using Quick Books for our financial records rather than a ledger book. We’ll be upgrading our copier to an all-in-one Copier-Printer-Fax unit, with color copy as well as black and white. Best of all it will be wireless. That means an Officer, an Auxiliary Officer or the Bar Manager will be able to send a print or Fax request from a laptop, tablet or smart phone. Designated members/employees will be given an access code to the document center.
Soon our snow-birds will be heading south and/or west and we will be missing them around the Post. God speed to all of you and we look forward to your return in 2014! Thanks for your support!